Listen to my Podcast - Link to Podcast Business News
After last year’s quiet holiday season, you may be looking forward to a more social season. What follows are some tips for storing and making the best use of your special occasion clothing so they (and you) can look great!
- This is a good time to try on your special occasion clothing. Do your favorites still fit? Think about what pieces you might add, replace or alter for this year’s festivities.
- A well- stocked closet for holiday dressing might include a short skirt, a long skirt, a pair of wide-legged pants and a variety of tops. Each top should go with more than one bottom, if at all possible.
- There is a lot of sparkle and bling this season in both gold and silver. (If you know your most becoming colors, you will know which is most enhancing for you.) Remember that while nothing jazzes up an outfit like shine or sparkle, reflective fabrics can make you appear larger, so wear them judiciously. If you wear sparkle in your clothing, avoid it in your makeup.
- If you have the room, devote a separate closet for your special occasion clothing or hang them in a zippered garment bag in the back of a closet. Not only will they be out of your way, but they will be easier to locate and review when the occasion warrants it.
- Consider storing dressy shoes, bags, shawls and special occasion jewelry together so they too are protected and easy to locate when needed.