Listen to my Podcast - Link to Podcast Business News
COST PER WEAR
Smart dressing can mean making the most of your money by investing in pieces you can wear over and over again. I can think of several ways to do this:
1.Hire me to do closet “surgery” and make multiple outfits using your own clothing and accessories.
2.Hire me to personal shop with/for you to help you buy quality pieces at affordable prices in your most becoming colors.
3.Take care of your wardrobe so it will last longer and look fresher by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Always clean suit jackets and bottoms at the same time so they will continue to look well together.
- Button blouses and shirts; hang jackets on strong hangers; hang skirts and pants on clasp hangers; fold sweaters and knits.
- Rotate wearing your jackets and bottoms to allow them time to return to their natural form.
- Launder or dry clean seasonal clothing before storing. Do not store clothing in plastic from the cleaners as most have unwanted chemicals. Use shoulder covers or garment bags instead. When possible, store off-season items in a separate closet.
- Steam and press garments when possible, to avoid frequent dry cleaning.
- Keep shoes protected with frequent shining, and replace soles or heels when needed.
- Never rub a stain — blot only with a dry, white cloth napkin or clean rag.
- Apply hairspray, perfume and deodorant and let them dry completely before you dress.